Helpdesk in democratic governance, human rights and PFM/aid effectiveness for Sida Africa
The helpdesk is for Sida Africa staff (in HQ and embassies) to quickly get expert assistance in the fields of Democratic Governance and Human rights. Helpdesk assignments can be up to 10 days of consutling work- and are financed by the Africa department.
The Helpdesk is designed to assist the Africa Department and the relevant Embassies in Africa with democratic governance and human rights issues. This can cover a broad range of subject areas, including:
- Local Democracy and Decentralisation
- Political Institutions, Political Participation and Pluralism
- State-building, State Capacity and Public Administration
- Public Financial Management
- Aid Effectiveness including Results Based Aid and Results Based Financing
- Human Rights Systems, Defenders and Rule of Law
- Freedom of Expression and Media
- Human Rights Based Approach
The helpdesk is most useful for formulating, implementing, monitoring/following up, reviewing, and reporting about strategies for a particular country or result area or contribution portfolios or specific contributions.