Organisational Review of CDP Worldwide, Fauna & Flora International and WALHI – Indonesian Forum for Environment
This assignment, involving reviews of three organisations, was commissioned by Norad through its Framework Agreement for Organisational Reviews of Civil Society Organisations with FCG Sweden. The reviews were conducted as an integral part of Norad’s grant management process and in connection with the assessment of new applications.
The objectives of the review were to describe, analyse and assess the organisations in terms of their:
- Organisational structure and governance;
- Cost effectiveness, financial management and auditing process;
- Level of results achievement, including capacity for results management and contribution to civil society strengthening.
The organisations under review were;
- CDP Worldwide, an organisation receiving a Norad grant in the climate and forest portfolio for the first time. The review was conducted in UK and Brazil;
- Fauna & Flora International (FFI), a wildlife conservation organisation receiving funding support for a REDD+ program in Liberia;
- WAHLI – The Indonesian Forum for Environment, an environmental member-based organisation implementing a Forest Governance project in Indonesia.
The reviews served an important control function and should enable Norad to make informed decisions on support provided and identify important dialogue and follow-up issues.