Climate Change & Environment
Climate change is the defining human development challenge of the 21st century. The 2030 Sustainable Development Goals and climate targets will not be achieved without significant action.
Consequently, this sector is growing in importance in FCG’s range of services. Our international projects are increasingly focusing on the environment and energy, either as components of multi-disciplinary programmes, or as specific projects.
FCG manages energy and environment partnership programs that provide funding for locally developed projects and enhance local skills and capacity to take advantage of latest technology.
While reducing greenhouse gas emissions, FCG also supports governments and communities in preparing for the projected changes in climate, such as rainfall patterns and extreme weather events. This can be achieved through holistic urban and rural development planning.
FCG integrates climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction activities into projects in agriculture and forestry, food security, water resource management, water supply and sanitation and other fields. We address the vulnerability of communities and infrastructure through optimization of resource use, diversification of income sources, design of more resilient infrastructure and many other locally identified interventions.
Our services include:
- Designing and implementing REDD+ activities
- Institutional development, leadership and capacity building
- Development of policies, strategies and legislation
- Fund management and calls for proposal management
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy
- Adaptation and mitigation strategies for climate change
- Stakeholder involvement and needs assessment
- Environmental assessments and protection
- Technology transfer and innovations
- Cleaner production
- Flood risk assessments and adaptation planning
- Modelling, permitting, design and construction supervision