FCG supports government institutions in delivering for citizens. Public institutions are the key to unlocking social and economic FCG FCG provides a wide range of tailored education, labour market and knowledge services as a means to foster skills and innovation.
The UN sustainable development goal 4 aims to “ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.” Education is not only a human right but a powerful tool in international development to promote social and economic development, improve equality, foster peace and stability, reduce poverty and improve health. Education systems are crucial in a world shaped by global competition and technological change. Developing a country’s skilled population will lead to innovation, entrepreneurship and productive employment.
Partnerships between governments, educational institutions, the private sector, and civil society are essential in generating and using skills and knowledge. FCG supports government institutions in delivering for citizens. FCG provides a wide range of tailored education and labour market and knowledge services as a means to foster skills and innovation. Technology has become a key ingredient in building inclusive knowledge societies. FCG combines extensive experience in international project management with strong educational know-how and global networks.
In 1949, FCG was established to reconstruct Finland’s infrastructure and lay the foundation for its now world-class school system. We continue this work all over the world supporting countries to reform and develop their education systems to meet the contemporary challenges.
FCG serves as a single-entry point to excellence in education, skills and innovation. Finnish universities and other educational institutions are an integral part of our resource network. Finland ranks consistently among the top countries in education, innovation, and competitiveness studies.
Our work combines education and labour market and knowledge systems:
- Strengthening general education from early childhood to secondary education
- Teacher training
- Use of technology
- Inclusive and special needs education
- Vocational education and training
- Employment and entrepreneurship
- Knowledge systems including use of technology and partnerships
Our services take a holistic approach from tailored design to implementation and evaluation:
- Design – policy, reform and program designs as well as physical and virtual environments
- Implementation – implementation strategies, trainings, networks creation, institutional capacity building and infrastructure development
- Evaluation – independent evaluations and reviews as well as monitoring and follow-up