Socio-Economic Concept development until 2025
The current level of socio-economic development of the Leningrad region (LO) including spatial and infrastructural development, financial and budget system were considered in framework of the project’s first part. Key challenges and issues of further region development have been analyzed.
Scenarios of socio-economic development have been designed based on the consideration of changes in the external environment, internal problems, retrospective and perspective analysis.
Priority directions of socio-economic development was the result of the Concept. Every direction had a set of measures and recommendations:
• developing of traditional sectors (manufacturing, chemical, logistics, timber and agriculture sectors, etc.),
• growing of SME and consumer market, supporting of "new" innovation sectors,
• improving of regional spatial development and system of municipal governance,
• improving the efficiency and accessibility of social services for the population,
• new investment policy (Investment Strategy) developing.
Key performance indicators of the Concept until 2025 were developed.
|Name of client||Government of Leningrad Oblast, Committee for Economic development and investment|
|Origin of funding||Government of Leningrad Oblast|
|Name of partners||project lead-consultant: Fund “Center for Strategic Research “Nord-West” (Russia)|